GDPR REGULATION FOR SCARS MEMBERS
Obtaining personal information?
Personal information is obtained when you contact (group) about meetings or events, to ask about activities, to tell us your story, seek assistance, make a donation to us, fundraise on our behalf, or otherwise provide personal information.
Collecting personal information.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual. For example, it can include information such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details, as well as information relating to health or personal circumstances.
Data protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal information and SCARS or Tracy White will at no time require the storage of sensitive data relating to any members (sensitive date is clarified as the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject, political opinions, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of trade unions, physical or mental health condition.)
Personal or sensitive information may be used in the ways set out below:
- to provide the information, support, services, or products to a person;
- to gain a full understanding of a personal situation to be able to offer the best possible personalised service;
- to keep a record of a relationship with (organisation) and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to services or policies;
- to look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- Personal information may be used for other purposes which members will be specifically notified of and, where appropriate, obtain consent.
Our website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Privacy and SCARS Closed Facebook Group
Our online Closed Facebook Group is monitored and administered by Tracy White at all times and in the event that Tracy White is unable to monitor or administer the Group she will ensure that a suitable member of SCARS is allocated by her and that all members are notified on the Facebook Closed Group who will be responsible and will ensure confidentiality be maintained at all times.
Storing data securely
Any data stored (membership form and member contact details) will be filed in a place where no one can access it at all times. The ways data will be kept securely include:
- locking documents/files away securely
- password protecting spreadsheets
- locking your computer screen
- ensuring that the SCARS laptop is password protected at all times.
Contact details on a phone will only be held with the contacts approval and will only be stored by Tracy White on her iPhone which locks automatically and is only unlockable by her fingerprint and cannot be opened by anyone else except her. Tracy White will never give out personal contact details for any of the SCARS members without the permission of the member first.
When SCARS no longer has a requirement for a member’s personal data it will be deleted from the SCARS laptop/USB devices for backup and any other locations it may be held. Any paperwork relating to a member that is no longer required will be shredded and not just disposed of to ensure confidentiality.
Date: 25th July 2018
SCARS (Stalbridge Cancer & Recovery Support)